[Recommendations] The HGPI Cardiovascular Disease Control Promotion Project – Five Recommendations for Advancing CVD Control With Six Supporting Perspectives and 14 Best Practices Extracted from Global Discussions With Industry, Government, Academia, and Civil Society (April 27, 2022)
date : 4/27/2022
The Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) Cardiovascular Disease Control Promotion Project formulated policy recommendations in the field of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) titled, “International Trends and Measures for Cardiovascular Disease in Japan – Creating Health Equity From the Perspective of Cardiovascular Disease.” Focusing on heart disease, these recommendations were formulated after conducting hearings and sharing current best practices with opinion leaders, holding advisory board discussions, and hosting a global expert meeting.
Five recommendations for advancing CVD control
- Support efforts for CVD control that are based on local governments and regions.
- Encourage the horizontal spread of best practices from prefectures, regions, and abroad.
- Promote collaboration and cooperation with people living with or affected by CVDs, who are stakeholders.
- Aspects of the healthcare provision system related to CVDs should be reorganized in a manner that anticipates the use of innovations and changes in society.
- Advocate the importance of CVD control with a field of view that encompasses progress and reform in other fields of disease control and in the overall healthcare system.
Six perspectives that support these recommendations
- Perspective 1: Comprehensive perspectives on advancing CVD control
- Perspective 2: Awareness raising and prevention – Promoting awareness raising and prevention measures for each phase through multi-stakeholder action
- Perspective 3: Provision systems for services related to health, medicine, and welfare – Healthcare and welfare provision systems must be established or corrected
- Perspective 4: Systems for promoting research – Promoting CVD research as a national strategy
- Perspective 5: The support system for people living with or affected by CVDs – Achieving CVD control measures driven by people living with or affected by CVDs
- Perspective 6: Cross-cutting policy perspectives that include CVD control – Sharing and utilizing medical and health information while applying innovation
For details, please view the PDF provided below.
Advisory board members (Titles omitted; in alphabetical order)
- Takashi Fujii (Vice Chairman, System Council, Nagasaki Regional Healthcare Collaboration Network; Vice Chairman, Nagasaki Prefecture Medical Association)
- Hitoshi Fukuhara (Representative Director, Heart Valve Voice)
- Kazuhiro Hara (Specially Appointed Professor, Seto Inland Sea Regional Research Center, Kagawa University)
- Mei Haruya (Head of Market Access, Policy & New Products, Novartis Pharma K.K.)
- Kenichi Hirata (Professor, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe University)
- Yoichi Hoshikawa (Medical Coordination Officer, Healthcare and Welfare Department, Kagawa Prefectural Government)
- Satoshi Imamura (Vice President, Japan Medical Association)
- Mitsuaki Isobe (Director, Sakakibara Heart Institute, Japan Research Promotion Society for Cardiovascular Diseases)
- Hiroaki Kitaoka (Professor, Department of Cardiology and Geriatrics, Kochi University)
- Issei Komuro (Professor, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo)
- Katsunori Kondo (Professor, Center for Preventive Medicinal Science, Chiba University)
- Tomohiro Kuroda (Professor, Department of Medical Informatics, Graduate School of Medicine and Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University)
- Koji Maemura (Professor, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University)
- Shinsuke Muto (Clinical Professor, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University)
- Ryozo Nagai (President, Jichi University)
- Yoko M. Nakao (Director, Registry Promotion Office, Department of Medical and Health Information Management, Open Innovation Center, National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Center)
- Yosuke Noji (Person Living with a CVD; Graduate Student, Graduate School of Sociology, Keio University)
- Masanori Otake (Policy Director, Regulatory Affairs and Policy Promotion Headquarters, GE Healthcare Japan Corporation)
- Yoshio Yazaki (President, Japan Research Promotion Society For Cardiovascular Diseases)
- Kei Sato (Member, House of Councilors)
- Hanako Jimi (Member, House of Councilors; Executive Director, Parliamentary Association for Follow-up on Stroke and Cardiovascular Disease Control Measures)
Please note the recommendations and report were compiled by independent health policy think-tank Health and Global Policy Institute based on all meetings described above, and should not be taken to represent the opinions of any specific advisory board member, speaker, or other related party, or any organization to which they belong.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Public Comment Submission] “Basic Plan for the Promotion of Cancer Control (Draft)” (February 18, 2023)
- [Urgent Recommendations] Challenges and Prospects for the Implementation and Execution of the Basic Law and Basic Policy for Child and Maternal Health and Development (February 17, 2023)
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Publication Report] The Children’s Health Project Publishes Family Mental Health Booklet “Nurturing Child and Guardian Mental Health through Our Communication with Children” in Five Languages (February 6, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
[Event Report] The Health and Global Policy Institute Chronic Disease Control Project Holds Advisory Board Meeting for “Engaging and Cooperating with Patients, Citizens, and Communities for Obesity Prevention” (September 22, 2022)
[In the Media] What Healthy Climate Prescription Teaches Us: Health Care’s Approach to the Climate Crisis (Min-Iren Iryo, No. 606; February 24, 2023)
[Event Report] HGPI Special Seminar – Universal Health Coverage in an Era of Antimicrobial Resistance (August 18, 2022)
[Event Report] The Cardiovascular Disease Control Promotion Project, Phase 2. “Current Issues and Prospects for Advancing Cardiovascular Disease Control Promotion Plans in Each Prefecture” (March 15, 2023)