[Event Report] The First Meeting of the “Young Professionals’ Roundtable for Public-Private Opinion Exchange on Social Security and Healthcare Policy,” a Joint Initiative from the Public and Private Sector Co Creation Hub and Health and Global Policy Institute (September 28, 2021)
The Public and Private Sector Co Creation Hub and Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) co-hosted the first meeting of the Young Professionals’ Roundtable for Public-Private Opinion Exchange on Social Security and Healthcare Policy with the theme, “Transforming Japan’s Healthcare with Data Health.”
To begin the event, Mr. Yuji Otake (Director, Insurance Data Planning Office, Insurance Bureau, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW)) gave a lecture on achieving work style reform using data health and on the effective use of the My Number Card. Afterward, young professionals from the public and private sectors participated freely in a discussion on how to best shape data health to meet the needs of society. Moving forward, by holding more opinion exchanges that allow public and private sector representatives to speak in a free and open manner while deepening mutual understanding, we will gather hints to inform our future activities.
Key points of the discussion
- Improving healthcare efficiency through the effective use of the My Number Card system
- Efforts for improving and promoting public literacy regarding the My Number card system
- The potential of health status data gathered consistently over the life course for generating evidence and creating new business opportunities
■ Programs (Lectures):
First meeting: Transforming Japan’s Healthcare with Data Health
A total of several roundtables are planned for this series.
Introducing the Public and Private Sector Co Creation Hub
The Public and Private Sector Co Creation Hub engages in projects related to environmental improvement, facility operations, and supporting and encouraging collaboration and engagement among alliance organizations to generate new value to provide society through public-private co-creation. To achieve this, it provides opportunities for conversations to be held among representatives of both the public and private sectors (including those from Government and municipal offices, local governments, administrative bodies, corporations, universities, NPOs, and civil society) spanning a variety of fields. The Public and Private Sector Co Creation Hub has been commissioned by Chuo-Nittochi Co., Ltd. to conduct a trial project for the Toranomon Innovation Center concept in which it is responsible for supporting initiatives for public-private co-creation at the Public and Private Sector Co Creation Studio.
Introducing Health and Global Policy Institute
Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) is a Tokyo-based independent and non-profit health policy think tank established in 2004. In its capacity as a neutral think-tank, HGPI involves stakeholders from wide-ranging fields of expertise to provide policy options to the public to successfully create citizen-focused healthcare policies. While holding fast to its independence to avoid being bound to the specific interests of political parties and other organizations, HGPI generates policy options that will be effective in Japan and around the world and actively pursues solutions to global health and health policy challenges.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Policy Recommendations] Expectations for the 2023 UHC Political Declaration from a Planetary Health Perspective (September 8, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Improving Patient Access to Genomic Cancer Medicine (August 10, 2023)
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Announcement] Signs Open Letter Calling for Action at UN High-Level Meeting on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response (September 12, 2023)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Activity Report] Recommendations for Creating a Sustainable Innovation Ecosystem for Antimicrobial R&D (August 1, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Event Report] “Global Trends and Japan’s Mental Health Policy” Global Expert Meeting (December 18, 2019)
- [Publication Report] The Current State of Health Data for Research Purposes in Japan: Toward the Creation of a World-class Health Database in the Future (May 25, 2022)
[Registration Open] An Online Seminar for World Mental Health Day 2023 – Mental Health for People in Their Teens and Twenties: Putting Our Heads Together to Think of Hints for Supporting Mental Health for Young People (October 4, 2023)
[Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 120th HGPI Seminar – Necessary Steps for Promoting the Integrated Provision of Palliative Care from Post-diagnosis to End-of-Life With Addressing Cancer Related Pain (October 10, 2023)