[Event Report] The First Meeting of the “Young Professionals’ Roundtable for Public-Private Opinion Exchange on Social Security and Healthcare Policy,” a Joint Initiative from the Public and Private Sector Co Creation Hub and Health and Global Policy Institute (September 28, 2021)
date : 11/2/2021
Tags: Advancing the Use of Health Data, Future of the Health Care System, Innovation and Sustainability, Other activities
The Public and Private Sector Co Creation Hub and Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) co-hosted the first meeting of the Young Professionals’ Roundtable for Public-Private Opinion Exchange on Social Security and Healthcare Policy with the theme, “Transforming Japan’s Healthcare with Data Health.”
To begin the event, Mr. Yuji Otake (Director, Insurance Data Planning Office, Insurance Bureau, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW)) gave a lecture on achieving work style reform using data health and on the effective use of the My Number Card. Afterward, young professionals from the public and private sectors participated freely in a discussion on how to best shape data health to meet the needs of society. Moving forward, by holding more opinion exchanges that allow public and private sector representatives to speak in a free and open manner while deepening mutual understanding, we will gather hints to inform our future activities.
Key points of the discussion
- Improving healthcare efficiency through the effective use of the My Number Card system
- Efforts for improving and promoting public literacy regarding the My Number card system
- The potential of health status data gathered consistently over the life course for generating evidence and creating new business opportunities
■ Programs (Lectures):
First meeting: Transforming Japan’s Healthcare with Data Health
A total of several roundtables are planned for this series.
Introducing the Public and Private Sector Co Creation Hub
The Public and Private Sector Co Creation Hub engages in projects related to environmental improvement, facility operations, and supporting and encouraging collaboration and engagement among alliance organizations to generate new value to provide society through public-private co-creation. To achieve this, it provides opportunities for conversations to be held among representatives of both the public and private sectors (including those from Government and municipal offices, local governments, administrative bodies, corporations, universities, NPOs, and civil society) spanning a variety of fields. The Public and Private Sector Co Creation Hub has been commissioned by Chuo-Nittochi Co., Ltd. to conduct a trial project for the Toranomon Innovation Center concept in which it is responsible for supporting initiatives for public-private co-creation at the Public and Private Sector Co Creation Studio.
Introducing Health and Global Policy Institute
Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) is a Tokyo-based independent and non-profit health policy think tank established in 2004. In its capacity as a neutral think-tank, HGPI involves stakeholders from wide-ranging fields of expertise to provide policy options to the public to successfully create citizen-focused healthcare policies. While holding fast to its independence to avoid being bound to the specific interests of political parties and other organizations, HGPI generates policy options that will be effective in Japan and around the world and actively pursues solutions to global health and health policy challenges.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Public Comment Submission] “Basic Plan for the Promotion of Cancer Control (Draft)” (February 18, 2023)
- [Urgent Recommendations] Challenges and Prospects for the Implementation and Execution of the Basic Law and Basic Policy for Child and Maternal Health and Development (February 17, 2023)
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Publication Report] The Children’s Health Project Publishes Family Mental Health Booklet “Nurturing Child and Guardian Mental Health through Our Communication with Children” in Five Languages (February 6, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
[Event Report] The Health and Global Policy Institute Chronic Disease Control Project Holds Advisory Board Meeting for “Engaging and Cooperating with Patients, Citizens, and Communities for Obesity Prevention” (September 22, 2022)
[In the Media] What Healthy Climate Prescription Teaches Us: Health Care’s Approach to the Climate Crisis (Min-Iren Iryo, No. 606; February 24, 2023)
[Event Report] HGPI Special Seminar – Universal Health Coverage in an Era of Antimicrobial Resistance (August 18, 2022)
[Event Report] The Cardiovascular Disease Control Promotion Project, Phase 2. “Current Issues and Prospects for Advancing Cardiovascular Disease Control Promotion Plans in Each Prefecture” (March 15, 2023)