[Event Report] Future of the Healthcare System Project – Media Seminar and Workshop for Promoting Healthcare Reform: Issues and Prospects for Advancing the Digital Transformation of Healthcare in Japan (March 28, 2023)
From October 2022 to December 2022, Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) hosted three events titled, “Media Seminar and Workshop for Promoting Healthcare Reform.” Looking to the digitalization of the healthcare system in Japan, which is referred to as digital transformation (DX), these seminars featured opinion exchanges with journalists and other representatives of the media who are well-versed in policies related to healthcare and social security as well as with experts in this field with the objective of helping the public obtain an accurate understanding of Japan’s healthcare and social security systems.
We have synthesized suggestions from those three events regarding current circumstances, issues, and future prospects for advancing healthcare DX in Japan. Furthermore, we summarized the case study from the first event “Digital care in long-term care in the Netherlands”.
- Perspective 1: To advance healthcare DX, the public must be provided with a clear vision and ongoing explanations of how healthcare DX will improve the quality of everyday life.
- Perspective 2: Different stakeholders have different worries or concerns with regards to healthcare DX. After identifying methods of addressing the concerns of each stakeholder, a shared recognition toward healthcare DX among stakeholders must be built and a system for collaboration that enables them to work toward shared goals must be established.
- Perspective 3: To promote understanding toward healthcare DX among citizens, efforts must be taken to expand opportunities for citizens to experience healthcare DX as part of daily life.
- Perspective 4: Rather than only focusing on carrying out healthcare DX, initiatives should also encompass perspectives on policy criteria and assessment methods for the period after healthcare DX is implemented.
Please check the PDF below for investigation.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Policy Recommendations] Expectations for the 2023 UHC Political Declaration from a Planetary Health Perspective (September 8, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Improving Patient Access to Genomic Cancer Medicine (August 10, 2023)
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Announcement] Signs Open Letter Calling for Action at UN High-Level Meeting on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response (September 12, 2023)
- [Activity Report] Recommendations for Creating a Sustainable Innovation Ecosystem for Antimicrobial R&D (August 1, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Announcement] Signs “100 days to COP28: Open letter urges to raise air pollution up agenda” (September 4, 2023)
[Registration Open] HGPI Special Seminar “WHO Healthy Cities and the Rise of Compassionate Communities: A necessary public health correction” (October 27, 2023)
[Registration Open] An Online Seminar for World Mental Health Day 2023 – Mental Health for People in Their Teens and Twenties: Putting Our Heads Together to Think of Hints for Supporting Mental Health for Young People (October 4, 2023)
[Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 120th HGPI Seminar – Necessary Steps for Promoting the Integrated Provision of Palliative Care from Post-diagnosis to End-of-Life With Addressing Cancer Related Pain (October 10, 2023)