[Announcement] HGPI Joins Planetary Health Alliance (April 7, 2023)
date : 4/7/2023
Tags: Planetary Health
Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI), represented by Chairman Kiyoshi Kurokawa, has officially joined the Planetary Health Alliance (PHA) effective March 24, 2023, a consortium of over 300 universities, non-governmental organizations, research institutes, and government entities from around the world committed to understanding and addressing global environmental change and its health impacts.
HGPI is dedicated to addressing the impact of global environmental change on our health from a “planetary health” perspective. To this end, we are working with multi-stakeholders to identify current issues and to take future steps to address the impact of environmental changes on our health. Joining PHA is part of this effort, and we will continue to work in collaboration with organizations operating in other countries and globally.
■About Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI):
Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) is a Tokyo-based independent and non-profit health policy think tank, established in 2004. Since its establishment, HGPI has been working to help citizens shape health policies by generating policy options, and to bring stakeholders together as a non-partisan think-tank. HGPI’s mission is to improve the civic mind and the well-being of individuals, and to foster sustainable, healthy communities by shaping ideas and values, reaching out on global needs, and influencing society. HGPI is committed to activities that bring together relevant players in different fields, in order to provide innovative and practical solutions, and to help interested citizens understand policy options from a global, broad, and long-term perspective.
■About Planetary Health Alliance (PHA):
Planetary Health Alliance (PHA) is a global consortium dedicated to understanding and addressing the impact of global environmental change on human health PHA supports the development of planetary health communities across sectors, generations, regions, and disciplines. PHA also supports the rapid growth of the planetary health field by disseminating new research and educational materials and facilitating education and training for current and future planetary health practitioners. In addition, PHA seek to mainstream the concept of planetary health through outreach to civil society, the private sector, and governments.
For more information on the activities of the PHA, please click here.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Announcement] HGPI Joins Call for “Global Health and Medical Community Unite To Demand End Fossil Fuel Dependency at COP28” (November 1, 2023)
- [Research Paper] “Rethinking Japan’s Health System Sustainability Under the Planetary Health Framework” Published in Health Systems & Reform (November 21, 2023)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Child-Rearing in Modern Japan (Final Report) (March 4, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Furthering the Development of Precision Cancer Medicine —Proposals for Effective Policy Changes Based on Key Characteristics of Precision Medicine in Cancer Treatment— (September 20, 2022)
- [Activity Report] HGPI Submits Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit to the G7 Sous-Sherpa (December 23, 2022)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Case Study] Akari Shigemi “The importance of proper antimicrobial use for MRSA infections – Beware of rifampicin monotherapy induced resistance” (AMR Alliance Japan, December 22, 2021)
- [Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
- [Recommendations] The Future of Dementia Policy 2022: Deepening Dementia Policies Centered on People Living with Dementia and their Families to Lead Global Society (July 13, 2022)
- [Announcement] HGPI Declares the Ministry of the Environment-led ‘Deco-Katsu Declaration’ and Participation in the ‘Deco-Katsu’ Supporters (October 16, 2023)
[Registration Open] Online Public Symposium “Dementia Risk Reduction: How Society Should Face the Individualization of Risk” (December 12, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) HGPI Cooperation with Lancet Countdown 2023 Japan Presentation “Climate Change as a Children’s Health Issue: The Latest Lancet Report Sounds the Alarm for Health Commitments” (December 14, 2023)
[Event Report] The 1st Advisory Board Meeting for Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Support Project “Necessary Steps for Promoting PPI in Policy Making” (October 3, 2023)
[Policy Recommendations] Coming Together to Protect and Foster: Promoting Innovative and Sustainable Planetary Health in the Asia-Pacific Region to Build Resilient Health Systems (November 29, 2023)
[Announcement] HGPI Endorsed “For the Health of People and Planet: Priorities for a Healthy COP28” (November 30, 2023)