[In the Media] “Helping to Solve Sex-Related Troubles Faced by Young People by Creating Spaces for Them to Talk With Midwives” (NHK National News, NHK Metropolitan News; November 2, 2021)
date : 11/8/2021
Tags: Women's Health
Two NHK news outlets have featured coverage of Youth Café events. Youth Café is an initiative from Youth Terrace, the platform for reproductive health established by Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI). HGPI Manager Yuko Imamura provided comments on the background of the establishment of Youth Café.
- Comfortable Spaces to Consult Midwives on Sex-Related Problems Established Near Tokyo Universities (Gender; NHK News)
- Helping to Solve Sex-Related Troubles Faced by Young People by Creating Spaces for Them to Talk With Midwives (NHK Metropolitan News)
For more information on Youth Terrace, please visit the Youth Terrace website here.
■ Introducing Youth Terrace
Youth Terrace is a platform that aims to create a society in Japan in which young people can make autonomous decisions regarding reproductive health and rights after considering their career and life plans.
Through this platform, HGPI’s Women’s Health Project will connect young people, universities and other educational institutions, midwives and other healthcare professionals, healthcare institutions, industry, and Government offices and other administrative bodies for various activities for (1) providing comprehensive sex education; (2) providing health consultation services and information at Youth Cafés; and (3) conducting research and issuing policy recommendations.
■ Introducing Youth Café
At Youth Café events, consultations related to reproductive health and rights are provided in-person and online.
All consultations are provided by midwives who have completed health education workshops based on global standards. From November 2021 to March 2022, in-person consultation events will be held occasionally at venues near Keio University Mita Campus, Keio University Hiyoshi Campus, the University of Tokyo, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Waseda University, Rikkyo University, and Hitotsubashi University. Remote online consultations are provided over Zoom and reservations can be made any time using the online appointment form.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Announcement] HGPI Joins Call for “Global Health and Medical Community Unite To Demand End Fossil Fuel Dependency at COP28” (November 1, 2023)
- [Research Paper] “Rethinking Japan’s Health System Sustainability Under the Planetary Health Framework” Published in Health Systems & Reform (November 21, 2023)
- [Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Child-Rearing in Modern Japan (Final Report) (March 4, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Furthering the Development of Precision Cancer Medicine —Proposals for Effective Policy Changes Based on Key Characteristics of Precision Medicine in Cancer Treatment— (September 20, 2022)
- [Activity Report] HGPI Submits Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit to the G7 Sous-Sherpa (December 23, 2022)
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Announcement] HGPI Declares the Ministry of the Environment-led ‘Deco-Katsu Declaration’ and Participation in the ‘Deco-Katsu’ Supporters (October 16, 2023)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Case Study] Akari Shigemi “The importance of proper antimicrobial use for MRSA infections – Beware of rifampicin monotherapy induced resistance” (AMR Alliance Japan, December 22, 2021)
[Registration Open] Online Public Symposium “Dementia Risk Reduction: How Society Should Face the Individualization of Risk” (December 12, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) HGPI Cooperation with Lancet Countdown 2023 Japan Presentation “Climate Change as a Children’s Health Issue: The Latest Lancet Report Sounds the Alarm for Health Commitments” (December 14, 2023)
[Event Report] The 1st Advisory Board Meeting for Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Support Project “Necessary Steps for Promoting PPI in Policy Making” (October 3, 2023)
[Policy Recommendations] Coming Together to Protect and Foster: Promoting Innovative and Sustainable Planetary Health in the Asia-Pacific Region to Build Resilient Health Systems (November 29, 2023)
[Announcement] HGPI Endorsed “For the Health of People and Planet: Priorities for a Healthy COP28” (November 30, 2023)