[Event Report] The Second Advisory Board Meeting for the Immunization and Vaccination Policy Promotion Project, “Charting the Way Forward on Immunization Policy: International Trends and the Situation in Japan” (September 15, 2020)
date : 10/6/2020
The Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) held the second advisory board meeting for the Immunization and Vaccination Policy Promotion Project, “Charting the Way Forward on Immunization Policy: International Trends and the Situation in Japan.”
Following the discussion at the first meeting, the discussion held at the second advisory board meeting focused on rebuilding immunization and vaccination policy with an approach that considers the entire life course.
The discussion addressed the significance, potential, and future of immunization and vaccine policy with a particular focus on people and the life course, including social changes, advances in science and technology, and new lifestyle habits at the individual level.
Starting with leaders from civil society, the meeting included opinion leaders in relevant fields from the government, academia, industry and civil society as well as members of related organizations. They had a constructive and open discussion on approaches to COVID-19 and the effects of vaccine hesitancy on the current situation in Japan on other countries.
Due to the circumstances regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting was held online.
Date & Time: Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Organizer: Health and Global Policy Institute
■Advisory Board Members and Observers (alphabetical order by last name)
- Kyoko Ama (Former Representative, Ippan Shadan Hojin Shiro Shoni Iryo Mamoro Kodomo-tachi no Kai)
- Hidenori Arai (President, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology; Vice President, The Japan Geriatrics Society)
- Satoshi Iwata (Department of Infectious Diseases, National Cancer Center Hospital)
- Isao Miyairi (Medical Director, Department of Infectious Diseases, National Center for Child Health and Development)
- Kuniko Nakayama (Director, My Family Clinic Gamagori, Medical Association Mefa Jinaikai)
- Nobuhiko Okabe (Director General, Kawasaki City Institute for Public Health)
- Akihiko Saitoh (Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata University)
- Akinori Sugaya (Head Physician, Sugaya Children’s Clinic; Director, KNOW VPD Protect Our Children)
- Mugen Ujiie (Director of Travel Clinic, Director of Immunization Support Center, Disease Control and Prevention Center, Center Hospital of the National Center for Global Health and Medicine (NCGM))
- Masayuki Imagawa (Representative Director, Japan Vaccine Industry Association (President))
- Daisaku Sato (Chief Management Officer & Associate Centre Director for Regulatory Science, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency, Japan)
- Ryoji Noritake (CEO, Board Member, HGPI)
- Joji Sugawara (Senior Associate, HGPI)
- Yui Kohno (Associate, HGPI)
■Related contents held as part of the project (chronological order)
– August 7, 2020 [Event Report] The First Advisory Board Meeting for the Immunization and Vaccination Policy Promotion Project, “Charting the Way Forward on Immunization Policy: International Trends and the Situation in Japan”
Warning: Missing argument 1 for arches_event_id_form(), called in /home/hgpi/hgpi.org/public_html/wp-content/themes/hgpi-en/single.php on line 135 and defined in /home/hgpi/hgpi.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/arches-hgpi/arches-hgpi.php on line 18
Warning: file_get_contents(https://hgpi.org/management/api/get_event_data/-1/en): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/hgpi/hgpi.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/arches-hgpi/arches-hgpi.php on line 31