[Registration Closed] Health Policy Academy the 12th Session
date : 5/19/2023
Tags: Health Policy Academy
*Please note that this program is available in Japanese only
The Health Policy Academy (HPA) is a public lecture series for citizens who want to learn about health policy. It is offered by Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI), a non-profit, independent think tank. Since the first session in 2015, the HPA has been attended by nearly 350 people. The course has provided content for beginners in health policy through a variety of programs, including lectures by opinion leaders from the public and private sectors, and discussions between students with diverse backgrounds.
In recent years, there have been many textbooks and courses about health policy, and a variety of content can be found on the internet. Therefore, the HPA has been renewed, and the 12th session will be called “HPA Advance.” The curriculum will be based on the theory, themes, and analyses of health policies, and the theme will be “Developing a Vision for Health Policy.” In the final session, students will form groups and develop and present recommendations for health policy issues. Through discussions and recommendations development with students from different backgrounds, students will have the opportunity to learn about the concepts necessary for actual policy-making process, such as coordination and agreement between different ideas.
■ Event Format
This event will be held in person at the Global Business Hub Tokyo.
Global Business Hub Tokyo (Grand Cube 3F, Otemachi Financial City, Global Business Hub Tokyo)
■ Registration Deadline
Thursday, June 29, 2023 at 12:00 PM
For more information, please visit the Japanese website.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Policy Recommendations] Expectations for the 2023 UHC Political Declaration from a Planetary Health Perspective (September 8, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Improving Patient Access to Genomic Cancer Medicine (August 10, 2023)
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Announcement] Signs Open Letter Calling for Action at UN High-Level Meeting on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response (September 12, 2023)
- [Activity Report] Recommendations for Creating a Sustainable Innovation Ecosystem for Antimicrobial R&D (August 1, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Recommendations] Mental Health 2020 – Proposal for Tomorrow: Five Perspectives on Mental Health Policy (July 21, 2020)
- [Event Report] “Global Trends and Japan’s Mental Health Policy” Global Expert Meeting (December 18, 2019)
[Registration Open] An Online Seminar for World Mental Health Day 2023 – Mental Health for People in Their Teens and Twenties: Putting Our Heads Together to Think of Hints for Supporting Mental Health for Young People (October 4, 2023)
[Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 120th HGPI Seminar – Necessary Steps for Promoting the Integrated Provision of Palliative Care from Post-diagnosis to End-of-Life With Addressing Cancer Related Pain (October 10, 2023)