[Announcement] HGPI Planetary Health Policy Team Joins Call for “COP27 Health Community Policy Recommendations” (November 8, 2022)
date : 11/8/2022
Tags: Global Health, Planetary Health
On November 8th, 2022, Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) Planetary Health Policy Team signed “COP27 Health Community Policy Recommendations” ahead of the 2022 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP27).
The Paris Agreement that was adopted in COP21 held in France in 2015 acknowledges the relevance of the right to health to climate action. To date, integration of health issues into policymaking and monitoring under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) has been insufficient, despite The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) warnings of human health impacts since 1990. Climate-sensitive health threats already cause millions of avoidable deaths annually, undermining the right to health and a healthy environment, and driving severe productivity losses.
Prior to the COP27 that will be held in Egypt from 6-18 November 2022, this policy recommendation was jointly developed on the themes of loss and damage, mitigation, adaptation, and finance by the lead of Global Climate and Health Alliance (GCHA) and other global health and environmental organizations.
■Global Climate and Health Alliance (GCHA):
GCHA is made up of health and development organizations from around the world. They are a consortium of global health and development-related organizations, with their members united with the shared vision of a world in which the health impacts of climate change are kept to a minimum, and the health co-benefits of climate change mitigation are maximized. GCHA works to ensure that health communities’ voice is heard in climate change policymaking.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Public Comment Submission] Opinions Regarding the Proposed “National Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance 2023-2027 (Draft)” (March 16, 2023)
- [Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit in 2023 Necessary Actions for AMR Control, Starting with the Introduction of Pull Incentives (August 29, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit by the C7 Global Health Working Group (April 20, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit and Related Ministerial Meetings: Promoting Measures for Climate Change and Planetary Health That Keep Pace With the International Community (December 19, 2022)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Mental Health (August 12, 2022)
- [Recommendations] Restructuring Diagnostic Services and Achieving the Necessary Innovation to Promote AMR Control (May 26, 2023)
[Event Report] Recommendations to Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on the issue of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the G7 Hiroshima Summit Leaders’ Declaration (April 28, 2023)
[Event Report] (Live Broadcasting) A Dementia Symposium Commemorating the G7 Health Ministers’ Meeting in Nagasaki “Collaboration in the International Community for Advancing Dementia Measures in a New Era” (May 14, 2023)
[Event Report] A NAGASAKI Planetary Health Expert Meeting “From COP27 and COP15 to the G7 Hiroshima Summit: New Partnerships for Solving Climate, Environment, Biodiversity and Health Issues” (May 12, 2023)
[RegistrationOpen] Health Policy Academy the 12th Session
[Recommendations] Restructuring Diagnostic Services and Achieving the Necessary Innovation to Promote AMR Control (May 26, 2023)