[Publication Report] HGPI Mental Health Policy Project and Disaster Mental Health Policy Project Release Translations of “Lessons and Future Implications of Disaster Mental Health Support in Japan: Reflecting on Disaster Responses in Communities From 1995 Through 2020” in English, Traditional Chinese, Thai, and Ukrainian (October 14, 2022)
date : 10/21/2022
Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) has released “Lessons and Future Implications of Disaster Mental Health Support in Japan: Reflecting on disaster responses in communities from 1995 through 2020” in five languages: Japanese, English, Traditional Chinese, Thai, and Ukrainian.
The report reconstructs findings from “Examples of and Recommendations for the Creation of Municipal Mental Health and Medical Welfare Systems for Medium- to Long-term Post-Disaster Response,” which was presented as part of the FY2021 Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Project for the Promotion of Comprehensive Welfare for Persons with Disabilities. This project has reconstructed those findings with a focus on conditions and changes in disaster response in Japan with the goal of sharing real-world examples prepared for municipal governments among a greater number of citizens. In addition to providing an English translation, to help disseminate Japan’s disaster response methods on a global level, the project also produced translations in Chinese, Thai, and Ukrainian to better reach areas that have experienced disasters similar in scale or in nature to those that have occurred in Japan.
The experiences Japan has accumulated in mounting responses to all forms of disaster are highly valuable. We strongly hope this report provides one form of assistance in helping the world come together to overcome the overwhelming phenomena that are disasters by sharing Japan’s experiences with global society.
[Activity Report] HGPI Mental Health Policy Project Presents Report on the State of and Future Approaches to Mental Health and Welfare Support Systems at Local Governments as Part of Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Project (May 18, 2022)
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
- [Research Paper] “Rethinking Japan’s Health System Sustainability Under the Planetary Health Framework” Published in Health Systems & Reform (November 21, 2023)
- [Announcement] HGPI Joins Call for “Global Health and Medical Community Unite To Demand End Fossil Fuel Dependency at COP28” (November 1, 2023)
- [Announcement] HGPI Endorsed “For the Health of People and Planet: Priorities for a Healthy COP28” (November 30, 2023)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Child-Rearing in Modern Japan (Final Report) (March 4, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Coming Together to Protect and Foster: Promoting Innovative and Sustainable Planetary Health in the Asia-Pacific Region to Build Resilient Health Systems (November 29, 2023)
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Activity Report] HGPI Submits Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit to the G7 Sous-Sherpa (December 23, 2022)
- [Public Comment Submission] Ministry of Foreign Affairs “Call for Opinions on the Draft Revisions to the Guidelines for the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)” (November 22, 2023)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
[Registration Open] Online Public Symposium “Dementia Risk Reduction: How Society Should Face the Individualization of Risk” (December 12, 2023)
[Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 122nd HGPI Seminar: Keeping Pace with Growing Diversity of Health Information in Health Communication (December 19, 2023)
[Policy Recommendations] Recommendation: Suggestions for Building a Resilient and Greener Health Care System Considering Sustainability and Environmental Concerns in the Revision of Medical, Nursing Care, and Disability Welfare Service Fees (December 6, 2023)
[Registration Open] Online Global Expert Meeting: Considering Participation Among People Living with Dementia in the Formulation of National Dementia Strategies and in Policy Making Processes (January 22, 2024)