[Announcement] HGPI Joins AMR Multi-Stakeholder Partnership Platform (September 13, 2023)
date : 11/18/2023
Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) officially joined the (AMR) Multi-Stakeholder Partnership Platform effective September 13, 2023. The platform established by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH), aims to address the growing global threat of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) by mobilizing an international multisectoral partnership network.
HGPI has been addressing issues related to AMR since 2016 and established AMR Alliance Japan in November 2018 as an independent platform for multi-stakeholder platform for multi-stakeholder discussions on AMR countermeasures. Through our participation in the AMR Multi-Stakeholder Partnership Platform and shared vision, we hope to promote facilitation of greater collaboration among multisectoral stakeholders nationally and internationally, to strengthen the awareness, deepen the policy debate, and increase the promotion of countermeasures to fight AMR through a One Health approach.
This announcement is made to commemorate “World AMR Awareness Week” organized by WHO and “Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Awareness Month” organized by the Cabinet Secretariat.
About AMR Multi-Stakeholder Partnership Platform
The AMR Multi-Stakeholder Partnership Platform is part of a set of global governance structures on AMR, alongside the AMR Global Leaders Group on Antimicrobial Resistance and the Independent Panel on Evidence for Action against AMR.
The Platform aims to promote a shared global vision on AMR, build consensus and catalyze targeted action to address the growing global threat of AMR through a coordinated, multisectoral, inclusive One Health approach, thus contributing to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda and universal health coverage and strengthening One Health systems for future pandemic prevention, preparedness and response.
For more information on the activities of the The AMR Multi-Stakeholder Partnership Platform, please click here.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Announcement] HGPI Joins Call for “Global Health and Medical Community Unite To Demand End Fossil Fuel Dependency at COP28” (November 1, 2023)
- [Research Paper] “Rethinking Japan’s Health System Sustainability Under the Planetary Health Framework” Published in Health Systems & Reform (November 21, 2023)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Child-Rearing in Modern Japan (Final Report) (March 4, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Furthering the Development of Precision Cancer Medicine —Proposals for Effective Policy Changes Based on Key Characteristics of Precision Medicine in Cancer Treatment— (September 20, 2022)
- [Activity Report] HGPI Submits Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit to the G7 Sous-Sherpa (December 23, 2022)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Case Study] Akari Shigemi “The importance of proper antimicrobial use for MRSA infections – Beware of rifampicin monotherapy induced resistance” (AMR Alliance Japan, December 22, 2021)
- [Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
- [Recommendations] The Future of Dementia Policy 2022: Deepening Dementia Policies Centered on People Living with Dementia and their Families to Lead Global Society (July 13, 2022)
- [Announcement] HGPI Declares the Ministry of the Environment-led ‘Deco-Katsu Declaration’ and Participation in the ‘Deco-Katsu’ Supporters (October 16, 2023)
[Registration Open] Online Public Symposium “Dementia Risk Reduction: How Society Should Face the Individualization of Risk” (December 12, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) HGPI Cooperation with Lancet Countdown 2023 Japan Presentation “Climate Change as a Children’s Health Issue: The Latest Lancet Report Sounds the Alarm for Health Commitments” (December 14, 2023)
[Event Report] The 1st Advisory Board Meeting for Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Support Project “Necessary Steps for Promoting PPI in Policy Making” (October 3, 2023)
[Policy Recommendations] Coming Together to Protect and Foster: Promoting Innovative and Sustainable Planetary Health in the Asia-Pacific Region to Build Resilient Health Systems (November 29, 2023)
[Announcement] HGPI Endorsed “For the Health of People and Planet: Priorities for a Healthy COP28” (November 30, 2023)