[Research Report] “Awareness Survey on Reforming Existing Systems to Achieve Sustainable Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Countermeasures: Looking Beyond the COVID-19 Pandemic” Overall Results. (March 31, 2023)
date : 3/31/2023
In cooperation with seven academic societies related to infectious diseases (The Joint Review Committee of Seven Academic Societies for the Promotion of Infectious Disease Therapy and Drug Discovery and Japanese Association of Medical Technologists), AMR Alliance Japan (Secretariat: Health and Global Policy Institute) has conducted a survey on the awareness of drug development and testing within AMR countermeasures among members of the aforementioned societies, including physicians, pharmacists, and Medical Technologists. Overall results of this study are available below.
*Free-form responses and detailed reports will be published later.
- Objectives: To clarify the gap between the awareness of the issue in the field and the related policy by identifying the attitudes of medical professionals (physicians, pharmacists and medical technologists) engaged in infectious disease care toward the Drug Development and Testing system.
- Research period: November 1, 2022 – November 14, 2022
- Subjects: Physicians/ Pharmacists/ Medical Technologists of eligible society officers and members
- Method: Email and website posting
- Number of responses: 391 (Physicians 72, Pharmacists 72, Medical Technologists 247)
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Policy Recommendations] Expectations for the 2023 UHC Political Declaration from a Planetary Health Perspective (September 8, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Improving Patient Access to Genomic Cancer Medicine (August 10, 2023)
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Announcement] Signs Open Letter Calling for Action at UN High-Level Meeting on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response (September 12, 2023)
- [Activity Report] Recommendations for Creating a Sustainable Innovation Ecosystem for Antimicrobial R&D (August 1, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Announcement] Signs “100 days to COP28: Open letter urges to raise air pollution up agenda” (September 4, 2023)
[Registration Open] HGPI Special Seminar “WHO Healthy Cities and the Rise of Compassionate Communities: A necessary public health correction” (October 27, 2023)
[Registration Open] An Online Seminar for World Mental Health Day 2023 – Mental Health for People in Their Teens and Twenties: Putting Our Heads Together to Think of Hints for Supporting Mental Health for Young People (October 4, 2023)
[Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 120th HGPI Seminar – Necessary Steps for Promoting the Integrated Provision of Palliative Care from Post-diagnosis to End-of-Life With Addressing Cancer Related Pain (October 10, 2023)