[Announcement] HGPI Signs the WHO Vaccine Equity Declaration (February 19, 2021)
date : 3/3/2021
Tags: Global Health, Vaccinations
On 19 February 2021, the Health and Global Policy Institute signed the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Vaccine Equity Declaration.
Currently, COVID-19 vaccines are being distributed in more than 70 countries around the world, and health workers in those countries are being prioritized for vaccinations. However, in many lower- and middle-income countries, vaccination has not even started, and health care facilities are severely strained. Rapid and equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccines throughout the world, including lower- and middle-income countries, is essential to stop the spread of the virus and restart the economy.
In response to this situation, the WHO is calling for COVID-19 vaccines to be provided to health workers in every country by World Health Day on April 7. We believe that this will not only demonstrate the resilience of countries around the world, but also address a major global health challenge rooted in inequality.
To learn more about the COVID-19 Vaccine Equity Declaration visit:
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Public Comment Submission] Opinions Regarding the Proposed “National Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance 2023-2027 (Draft)” (March 16, 2023)
- [Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit in 2023 Necessary Actions for AMR Control, Starting with the Introduction of Pull Incentives (August 29, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit by the C7 Global Health Working Group (April 20, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit and Related Ministerial Meetings: Promoting Measures for Climate Change and Planetary Health That Keep Pace With the International Community (December 19, 2022)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Mental Health (August 12, 2022)
- [Recommendations] Restructuring Diagnostic Services and Achieving the Necessary Innovation to Promote AMR Control (May 26, 2023)
[Event Report] Recommendations to Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on the issue of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the G7 Hiroshima Summit Leaders’ Declaration (April 28, 2023)
[Event Report] (Live Broadcasting) A Dementia Symposium Commemorating the G7 Health Ministers’ Meeting in Nagasaki “Collaboration in the International Community for Advancing Dementia Measures in a New Era” (May 14, 2023)
[Event Report] A NAGASAKI Planetary Health Expert Meeting “From COP27 and COP15 to the G7 Hiroshima Summit: New Partnerships for Solving Climate, Environment, Biodiversity and Health Issues” (May 12, 2023)
[RegistrationOpen] Health Policy Academy the 12th Session
[Recommendations] Restructuring Diagnostic Services and Achieving the Necessary Innovation to Promote AMR Control (May 26, 2023)