[Lecture Report ] “The Potential of Link Workers in a Dementia-Friendly Society” (Tokyo University of the Arts “Diversity on the Arts Project” Certification Program, Care Discussion 4, June 29, 2020, held online)
date : 8/17/2020
HGPI Manager Mr. Shunichiro Kurita served as a guest lecturer for Care Discussion 4 of the FY2020 Tokyo University of the Arts “Diversity on the Arts Project” Certification Program.
Since FY2017, HGPI has worked together with dementia support NGO Alzheimer Scotland in the U.K. Together, we have examined the potential and significance of implementing a system in Japan modeled after the Post Diagnosis Support (PDS) system, which conducts research surveys in Scotland. During his lecture, Mr. Kurita provided an overview of recent developments in dementia policy and held an opinion exchange with students attending the lecture that examined the use of cultural activities such as art and music as social resources.
A report on the lecture can be found on the Tokyo University of the Arts website here.
*Available only in Japanese
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Public Comment Submission] Opinions Regarding the Proposed “National Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance 2023-2027 (Draft)” (March 16, 2023)
- [Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit in 2023 Necessary Actions for AMR Control, Starting with the Introduction of Pull Incentives (August 29, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit by the C7 Global Health Working Group (April 20, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit and Related Ministerial Meetings: Promoting Measures for Climate Change and Planetary Health That Keep Pace With the International Community (December 19, 2022)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Mental Health (August 12, 2022)
- [Recommendations] Restructuring Diagnostic Services and Achieving the Necessary Innovation to Promote AMR Control (May 26, 2023)
[Event Report] Recommendations to Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on the issue of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the G7 Hiroshima Summit Leaders’ Declaration (April 28, 2023)
[Event Report] (Live Broadcasting) A Dementia Symposium Commemorating the G7 Health Ministers’ Meeting in Nagasaki “Collaboration in the International Community for Advancing Dementia Measures in a New Era” (May 14, 2023)
[Event Report] A NAGASAKI Planetary Health Expert Meeting “From COP27 and COP15 to the G7 Hiroshima Summit: New Partnerships for Solving Climate, Environment, Biodiversity and Health Issues” (May 12, 2023)
[RegistrationOpen] Health Policy Academy the 12th Session
[Recommendations] Restructuring Diagnostic Services and Achieving the Necessary Innovation to Promote AMR Control (May 26, 2023)