[Activity Report] HGPI Manager Mr. Shunichiro Kurita Serves on Committee for Enacting a Local Regulation for Dementia in Urayasu City (September, 2021)
date : 4/28/2022
Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) Manager Mr. Shunichiro Kurita served as a member of the “Committee for Enacting a Local Regulation for Dementia in Urayasu City” organized by Urayasu City in Chiba Prefecture.
The Committee met a total of three times to discuss the content of a local regulation for Urayasu City based on the voices of people living with dementia collected at meetings and workshops, and in surveys. Discussion points included items to be emphasized when enacting a local regulation for dementia as well as each member’s opinions regarding recommendations from the Secretariat.
At the meetings, Mr. Kurita shared opinions based on the content of policy recommendations presented by HGPI titled, “Steps Toward Regulations for Dementia That Achieve Citizen-Centered Dementia Policy” as well as on discussions he previously presented on the subject.
The “Urayasu City Basic Ordinance on Dementia Coexistence” was approved and enacted by the Urayasu City Council on March 11, 2022 and is scheduled to go into effect on July 1, 2022. (Please visit the Urayasu City website for details. Please note the Urayasu City website is available in Japanese only.)
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Urgent Recommendations] Challenges and Prospects for the Implementation and Execution of the Basic Law and Basic Policy for Child and Maternal Health and Development (February 17, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Public Comment Submission] “Basic Plan for the Promotion of Cancer Control (Draft)” (February 18, 2023)
- [Activity Report] “AMR & JAPAN’S G7 PRESIDENCY: A Call for Pull Incentives to Drive Innovation” (December 13, 2022)
- [Publication Report] The Children’s Health Project Publishes Family Mental Health Booklet “Nurturing Child and Guardian Mental Health through Our Communication with Children” in Five Languages (February 6, 2023)
- [Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit in 2023 Necessary Actions for AMR Control, Starting with the Introduction of Pull Incentives (August 29, 2022)
- [Publication Report] Best Practices in Promoting Early Dementia Detection, Intervention and Support (March 17, 2023)
- [Publication Report] The Current State of Health Data for Research Purposes in Japan: Toward the Creation of a World-class Health Database in the Future (May 25, 2022)
- United Nations Adopts Political Declaration at the Third UN High-Level Meeting on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs)
[Publication Report] HGPI Mental Health Policy Project and Disaster Mental Health Policy Project Release Translations of “Lessons and Future Implications of Disaster Mental Health Support in Japan: Reflecting on Disaster Responses in Communities From 1995 Through 2020” in English, Traditional Chinese, Thai, and Ukrainian (October 14, 2022)
[Event Report] The Health and Global Policy Institute Chronic Disease Control Project Holds Advisory Board Meeting for “Engaging and Cooperating with Patients, Citizens, and Communities for Obesity Prevention” (September 22, 2022)
[In the Media] What Healthy Climate Prescription Teaches Us: Health Care’s Approach to the Climate Crisis (Min-Iren Iryo, No. 606; February 24, 2023)
[Event Report] HGPI Special Seminar – Universal Health Coverage in an Era of Antimicrobial Resistance (August 18, 2022)
[Event Report] The Cardiovascular Disease Control Promotion Project, Phase 2. “Current Issues and Prospects for Advancing Cardiovascular Disease Control Promotion Plans in Each Prefecture” (March 15, 2023)