[Notice] Introducing the World Dementia Council’s Dementia Landscape Project
date : 5/12/2021
Since the establishment of the World Dementia Council (WDC) in 2013, Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) and the WDC have collaborated in joint initiatives such as presenting policy proposals and gathering best practices, and HGPI Chairman Kiyoshi Kurokawa has served as its only Japanese member.
The WDC is currently advancing an initiative called the “dementia landscape project” to review progress toward goals for 2025 outlined in the Declaration and Communique that resulted from the 2013 G8 Dementia Summit. It also includes programs to look back on the effects of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. The decision to launch the project was made at the online meeting of the WDC held in July 2020.
The WDC is currently holding online meetings with international representatives from industry, Government, academia, and civil society to deepen discussions on various themes including biomarkers and treatments, clinical trials, care, technology, prevention, and low- and middle-income countries (LIMCs).
Details from each meeting can be found in the minutes published on the WDC’s project publications page, so we encourage interested parties to have a look. (Project publications are available in English only.)
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Public Comment Submission] “Basic Plan for the Promotion of Cancer Control (Draft)” (February 18, 2023)
- [Urgent Recommendations] Challenges and Prospects for the Implementation and Execution of the Basic Law and Basic Policy for Child and Maternal Health and Development (February 17, 2023)
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Publication Report] The Children’s Health Project Publishes Family Mental Health Booklet “Nurturing Child and Guardian Mental Health through Our Communication with Children” in Five Languages (February 6, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
[Event Report] The Health and Global Policy Institute Chronic Disease Control Project Holds Advisory Board Meeting for “Engaging and Cooperating with Patients, Citizens, and Communities for Obesity Prevention” (September 22, 2022)
[In the Media] What Healthy Climate Prescription Teaches Us: Health Care’s Approach to the Climate Crisis (Min-Iren Iryo, No. 606; February 24, 2023)
[Event Report] HGPI Special Seminar – Universal Health Coverage in an Era of Antimicrobial Resistance (August 18, 2022)
[Event Report] The Cardiovascular Disease Control Promotion Project, Phase 2. “Current Issues and Prospects for Advancing Cardiovascular Disease Control Promotion Plans in Each Prefecture” (March 15, 2023)