(Application is now closed) Health Policy Academy, Health Policy 101
date : 2/19/2015
Applicants will be notified by the end of March.
Health Policy Academy, Health Policy 101
*Please note that this program is available in Japanese only.
In the face of changing population demographics, constant health technology advances, and rising healthcare costs, health policy in Japan is now more interesting than ever.
Yet, there remains confusion around how and what exactly health policy is and few programs offer a comprehensive overview of this important topic.
To respond to this need, Health and Global Policy Institute is pleased to announce that it will begin to offer a program, Health Policy 101, in April 2015.
・Kohei Onozaki, Board Member and President
・Toshio Miyata, Executive Director
・Other speakers (TBD)
・Business persons who have no or little experience in healthcare but are interested in learning the basics of health policy for their work
・People with a background in healthcare but would like to learn or review health policy basics
・People with great interest in health issues in Japan and Japanese health policy
Program (Details subject to change.)
Session 1: Basics of Health Policy
Session 2: Health Policy in the News
Session 3: Health Policy Stakeholders
Session 4: Japan’s Health Policy and Cross-national Comparison from 3 Perspectives
Session 5: Is Japan’s Health Policy Sustainable?
Session 6: A Guide to Health Policy in the Future
* Please refer to Japanese version URL for further details of the each session.
・Tuition Fee: 99,000 JPY (Fee applies to entire six session series.)
・Numbers of sessions: 6 sessions
・Term: Over 6 months
・Time and Date: 19:00-21:00, the fourth Wednesday of month (Subject to change)
・Date of the first lecture: Wednesday, April 22 (Subject to change)
・Venue: Health and Global Policy Institute (Nagatacho, Tokyo)
・Organizer: Health and Global Policy Institute
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
- [Research Paper] “Rethinking Japan’s Health System Sustainability Under the Planetary Health Framework” Published in Health Systems & Reform (November 21, 2023)
- [Announcement] HGPI Joins Call for “Global Health and Medical Community Unite To Demand End Fossil Fuel Dependency at COP28” (November 1, 2023)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Child-Rearing in Modern Japan (Final Report) (March 4, 2022)
- [Announcement] HGPI Endorsed “For the Health of People and Planet: Priorities for a Healthy COP28” (November 30, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Furthering the Development of Precision Cancer Medicine —Proposals for Effective Policy Changes Based on Key Characteristics of Precision Medicine in Cancer Treatment— (September 20, 2022)
- [Activity Report] HGPI Submits Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit to the G7 Sous-Sherpa (December 23, 2022)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Coming Together to Protect and Foster: Promoting Innovative and Sustainable Planetary Health in the Asia-Pacific Region to Build Resilient Health Systems (November 29, 2023)
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
[Registration Open] Online Public Symposium “Dementia Risk Reduction: How Society Should Face the Individualization of Risk” (December 12, 2023)
[Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 122nd HGPI Seminar: Keeping Pace with Growing Diversity of Health Information in Health Communication (December 19, 2023)
[Policy Recommendations] Recommendation: Suggestions for Building a Resilient and Greener Health Care System Considering Sustainability and Environmental Concerns in the Revision of Medical, Nursing Care, and Disability Welfare Service Fees (December 6, 2023)
[Registration Open] Online Global Expert Meeting: Considering Participation Among People Living with Dementia in the Formulation of National Dementia Strategies and in Policy Making Processes (January 22, 2024)