Launch of the Integrated Health and Lifestyle Support Project for Elderly People in Yamada Town
date : 12/4/2012
Together with the US medical support organization Project HOPE, we have already previously been involved in the provision of support for Yamada Town, such as with human resources in the medical field. As a result of this we have already established strong connections with various stakeholders in Yamada Town who are involved in health and lifestyle support, such as the Town Mayor Shinitsu Sato, and the deputy-director of Kondo Hospital Yuji Kondo.
With these connections as a base, this project aims to further advance integrated health and lifestyle support for the elderly using advanced information technologies.
This project aims to provide assistance for the re-building of integrated health and lifestyle support systems for elderly people based in the Great East Japan Earthquake Disaster-affected Yamada Town, Iwate Prefecture, in order to help provide a living environment in which the elderly can have some peace of mind.
We are going to carry out the following:
・ Formation of a consortium that gathers together the main stakeholders involved in health and lifestyle support in Yamada Town
・ Establishment of a place where information can be exchanged on a periodic basis by primary consortium members and LASF
・ Carrying out the surveys of the elderly, and carrying out integrated health and lifestyle support activities
In particular, we hope to carry out the construction of a comprehensive support system focusing on prevention and early intervention for things that are of concern due to the greater risk in the elderly, such as non-communicable diseases and mental health issues. Furthermore, we aim to produce a set of guidelines from the knowledge gained from this project, and to provide a baseline of information for horizontal spread amongst other municipalities carrying out integrated health and lifestyle support activities for the elderly.
Leading Aging Society Forum (LASF)( Dr. Shinsuke Muto, Chirman)
・ The Leading Aging Society Forum is investigating the construction of a comprehensive service model for local community support of the elderly, and is organizing consortiums on the theme of home-medicine, which engage academia, industry, government and civil society.
Currently the Forum is particularly focused on developing activities that provide integrated health and lifestyle support to victims of the earthquake and tsunami disaster who are still living in their own homes in Ishinomaki City.
URL (provided in Japanese only) : http://www.you-homeclinic.or.jp/Dr_muto/
・ Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited.
・ Project HOPE
・ Medtronic Foundation
■Project execution dates (TBD)
October 2012 – September 2014
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
- [Research Paper] “Rethinking Japan’s Health System Sustainability Under the Planetary Health Framework” Published in Health Systems & Reform (November 21, 2023)
- [Announcement] HGPI Joins Call for “Global Health and Medical Community Unite To Demand End Fossil Fuel Dependency at COP28” (November 1, 2023)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Child-Rearing in Modern Japan (Final Report) (March 4, 2022)
- [Announcement] HGPI Endorsed “For the Health of People and Planet: Priorities for a Healthy COP28” (November 30, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Furthering the Development of Precision Cancer Medicine —Proposals for Effective Policy Changes Based on Key Characteristics of Precision Medicine in Cancer Treatment— (September 20, 2022)
- [Activity Report] HGPI Submits Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit to the G7 Sous-Sherpa (December 23, 2022)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Policy Recommendations] Coming Together to Protect and Foster: Promoting Innovative and Sustainable Planetary Health in the Asia-Pacific Region to Build Resilient Health Systems (November 29, 2023)
[Registration Open] Online Public Symposium “Dementia Risk Reduction: How Society Should Face the Individualization of Risk” (December 12, 2023)
[Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 122nd HGPI Seminar: Keeping Pace with Growing Diversity of Health Information in Health Communication (December 19, 2023)
[Policy Recommendations] Recommendation: Suggestions for Building a Resilient and Greener Health Care System Considering Sustainability and Environmental Concerns in the Revision of Medical, Nursing Care, and Disability Welfare Service Fees (December 6, 2023)
[Registration Open] Online Global Expert Meeting: Considering Participation Among People Living with Dementia in the Formulation of National Dementia Strategies and in Policy Making Processes (January 22, 2024)