What is Next for the G20? Investing in health and development
date : 7/2/2010
On June 30, Health Policy Institute, Japan, together with the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) from the US and Chatham House from the UK, hosted an international conference in London: “What’s Next for the G20? Investing in Health and Development.”
The conference, convened shortly after the close of the Muskoka G8 Summit in Canada, was the first private sector-initiated international conference to discuss how global health challenges can be addressed through the new G8/G20 framework including newly emerging nations. At the conference, around 200 global health experts came together from various domains, including the governments of G8/G20 nations, international organizations, foundations, and NGOs. There was vigorous discussion of several critical matters, such as the roles of developed and newly emerging nations in the evolving system of global governance, and the priority issues to be resolved through the G8/G20 international framework.
We plan to share the output of the conference with the Korean government, the next G20 host, and in further policy discussion with health policy leaders in a variety of fields in advance of the G20 Summit in November.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Public Comment Submission] “Basic Plan for the Promotion of Cancer Control (Draft)” (February 18, 2023)
- [Urgent Recommendations] Challenges and Prospects for the Implementation and Execution of the Basic Law and Basic Policy for Child and Maternal Health and Development (February 17, 2023)
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Publication Report] The Children’s Health Project Publishes Family Mental Health Booklet “Nurturing Child and Guardian Mental Health through Our Communication with Children” in Five Languages (February 6, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Four Perspectives on Advancing Measures for Idiopathic Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (iNPH) (February 16, 2023)
[Event Report] The Health and Global Policy Institute Chronic Disease Control Project Holds Advisory Board Meeting for “Engaging and Cooperating with Patients, Citizens, and Communities for Obesity Prevention” (September 22, 2022)
[In the Media] What Healthy Climate Prescription Teaches Us: Health Care’s Approach to the Climate Crisis (Min-Iren Iryo, No. 606; February 24, 2023)
[Event Report] HGPI Special Seminar – Universal Health Coverage in an Era of Antimicrobial Resistance (August 18, 2022)
[Event Report] The Cardiovascular Disease Control Promotion Project, Phase 2. “Current Issues and Prospects for Advancing Cardiovascular Disease Control Promotion Plans in Each Prefecture” (March 15, 2023)