[Publication report] “Presenting a Global Evidence Base for Dementia Friendly Initiatives” (September 18, 2020)
date : 10/5/2020
The World Dementia Council (WDC) and Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) presented a report co-authored by the two organizations entitled “Presenting a Global Evidence Base for Dementia Friendly Initiatives.”
The report is one result of a project established at the summit commemorating the fifth anniversary of the WDC in 2018 which aimed to collect and analyze dementia-friendly policies and regional efforts from every country worldwide. The WDC analyzed academic publications from each country and collected data from regional surveys and gathered opinions and reports from academia or civil society organizations located in countries or regions with advanced dementia policies.
According to original plans, a full report was to be presented in Summer 2020 but was postponed due to the significant effects of COVID-19 in each region. The report currently being presented provides a summary of key findings from the gathered evidence.
The First Paper and the “Methodology and bibliography” section can be downloaded at the URL below. The report is only available in English.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Public Comment Submission] Opinions Regarding the Proposed “National Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance 2023-2027 (Draft)” (March 16, 2023)
- [Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit in 2023 Necessary Actions for AMR Control, Starting with the Introduction of Pull Incentives (August 29, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit by the C7 Global Health Working Group (April 20, 2023)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Mental Health (August 12, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit and Related Ministerial Meetings: Promoting Measures for Climate Change and Planetary Health That Keep Pace With the International Community (December 19, 2022)
- [Recommendations] Restructuring Diagnostic Services and Achieving the Necessary Innovation to Promote AMR Control (May 26, 2023)
[Event Report] Recommendations to Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on the issue of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the G7 Hiroshima Summit Leaders’ Declaration (April 28, 2023)
[Event Report] (Live Broadcasting) A Dementia Symposium Commemorating the G7 Health Ministers’ Meeting in Nagasaki “Collaboration in the International Community for Advancing Dementia Measures in a New Era” (May 14, 2023)
[Event Report] A NAGASAKI Planetary Health Expert Meeting “From COP27 and COP15 to the G7 Hiroshima Summit: New Partnerships for Solving Climate, Environment, Biodiversity and Health Issues” (May 12, 2023)
[RegistrationOpen] Health Policy Academy the 12th Session
[Recommendations] Restructuring Diagnostic Services and Achieving the Necessary Innovation to Promote AMR Control (May 26, 2023)