[Announcement] HGPI Endorses and Cooperates in the Online Petition Campaign “Net Zero Declaration in Healthcare” Initiated by Green Practice Japan (September 19, 2023)
date : 9/19/2023
Tags: Planetary Health
In conjunction with Climate Week NYC 2023, an annual event organized by The Climate Group that takes place in New York City from September 17-24, and coincides with the United Nations General Assembly, Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) endorses and cooperates in the online petition campaign launched by Green Practice Japan. Climate Week NYC, considered the biggest global climate event of its kind, brings together international leaders from business, government, and civil society to showcase global climate action. The petition campaign, which started on August 22, 2023, calls for a “Net Zero Declaration in Healthcare: To protect lives from heatstroke and heavy rainfall disasters caused by the climate crisis, the Japanese government should declare net zero greenhouse gas emissions in the healthcare sector by 2050.”
This signature campaign aims to raise awareness of the impact of climate change on human health and calls on the Japanese government to establish a resilient healthcare system against climate change and declare net-zero greenhouse gas emissions in the healthcare sectors by 2050. Furthermore, the petition appeals for healthcare professionals to take a leadership role in addressing global warming and contribute to building a sustainable society.
The organizers of this campaign, Green Practice Japan, advocate for environmentally sustainable healthcare based on the Green Practice concept.
To endorse the online petition, please click here.
*Available only in Japanese
■ About Green Practice Japan:
Green Practice Japan is a General Incorporated Association primarily composed of members who are physicians that advocate for environmentally sustainable healthcare based on the Green Practice concept. The organization supports healthcare professionals to pursue improved health through environmental considerations, and to build sustainable future. Their vision is to improve health, reduce health risks, and reduce the environmental impact and costs of health care through environmentally friendly practices, and to achieve sustainable health care with an emphasis on enhancing primary care, providing a creative environment, and building collaborative communities.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Policy Recommendations] Expectations for the 2023 UHC Political Declaration from a Planetary Health Perspective (September 8, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Improving Patient Access to Genomic Cancer Medicine (August 10, 2023)
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Announcement] Signs Open Letter Calling for Action at UN High-Level Meeting on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response (September 12, 2023)
- [Activity Report] Recommendations for Creating a Sustainable Innovation Ecosystem for Antimicrobial R&D (August 1, 2023)
- [Recommendations] Mental Health 2020 – Proposal for Tomorrow: Five Perspectives on Mental Health Policy (July 21, 2020)
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Event Report] “Global Trends and Japan’s Mental Health Policy” Global Expert Meeting (December 18, 2019)
[Registration Open] An Online Seminar for World Mental Health Day 2023 – Mental Health for People in Their Teens and Twenties: Putting Our Heads Together to Think of Hints for Supporting Mental Health for Young People (October 4, 2023)
[Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 120th HGPI Seminar – Necessary Steps for Promoting the Integrated Provision of Palliative Care from Post-diagnosis to End-of-Life With Addressing Cancer Related Pain (October 10, 2023)