[Recommendations] Recommendations Toward the Next National Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance (May 14, 2020)
date : 5/14/2020
AMR Alliance Japan (Secretariat: Health and Global Policy Institute) today released “AMR Alliance Japan Policy Recommendations Toward the Next National Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance.” These recommendations build upon the main policy recommendations the Alliance released in July 2019, and call on the Japanese Government to make certain revisions as it develops its next National Action Plan on AMR from 2021.
Following the endorsement of the Global Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance at the World Health Assembly in May 2015, Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare worked with other ministries and agencies to establish the Ministerial Meeting on Measures on Emerging Infectious Diseases, which in turn released Japan’s National Action Plan on AMR 2016-2020 on April 5, 2016. With the term of the current Action Plan coming to an end within 2020, relevant governmental organizations are now working toward the development of a new plan.
AMR Alliance Japan developed its most recent recommendations following a review of the current action plan. It is hoped that these recommendations will encourage the development of an even stronger domestic policies on AMR in the future.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Announcement] HGPI Joins Call for “Global Health and Medical Community Unite To Demand End Fossil Fuel Dependency at COP28” (November 1, 2023)
- [Research Paper] “Rethinking Japan’s Health System Sustainability Under the Planetary Health Framework” Published in Health Systems & Reform (November 21, 2023)
- [Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Child-Rearing in Modern Japan (Final Report) (March 4, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Furthering the Development of Precision Cancer Medicine —Proposals for Effective Policy Changes Based on Key Characteristics of Precision Medicine in Cancer Treatment— (September 20, 2022)
- [Activity Report] HGPI Submits Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit to the G7 Sous-Sherpa (December 23, 2022)
- [Announcement] HGPI Declares the Ministry of the Environment-led ‘Deco-Katsu Declaration’ and Participation in the ‘Deco-Katsu’ Supporters (October 16, 2023)
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Case Study] Akari Shigemi “The importance of proper antimicrobial use for MRSA infections – Beware of rifampicin monotherapy induced resistance” (AMR Alliance Japan, December 22, 2021)
[Registration Open] Online Public Symposium “Dementia Risk Reduction: How Society Should Face the Individualization of Risk” (December 12, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) HGPI Cooperation with Lancet Countdown 2023 Japan Presentation “Climate Change as a Children’s Health Issue: The Latest Lancet Report Sounds the Alarm for Health Commitments” (December 14, 2023)
[Event Report] The 1st Advisory Board Meeting for Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Support Project “Necessary Steps for Promoting PPI in Policy Making” (October 3, 2023)
[Policy Recommendations] Coming Together to Protect and Foster: Promoting Innovative and Sustainable Planetary Health in the Asia-Pacific Region to Build Resilient Health Systems (November 29, 2023)
[Announcement] HGPI Endorsed “For the Health of People and Planet: Priorities for a Healthy COP28” (November 30, 2023)