[In the Media] “Faster Response to Antimicrobial Resistant Bacteria” (The Nikkei Personal Opinion and Insight, December 20, 2021)
date : 1/14/2022
HGPI Chairman Dr. Kiyoshi Kurokawa contributed an article to the Nikkei entitled “Faster Response to Antimicrobial Resistant Bacteria” that was published in the Personal Opinion and Insight column on December 20, 2021.
Following three points are emphasized in the opinion piece;
- Appropriate use of antibiotics based on appropriate tests is important in AMR countermeasures.
- It is necessary to nurture experts on infectious diseases, establish a system in which they can demonstrate their abilities, and build a nation that is resistant to infectious diseases.
- It is an urgent task to establish a system to protect Japan from global health crises.
The article can be accessed here.
*Available only in Japanese
**Registration is required to view the entire article.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Policy Recommendations] Expectations for the 2023 UHC Political Declaration from a Planetary Health Perspective (September 8, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Improving Patient Access to Genomic Cancer Medicine (August 10, 2023)
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Announcement] Signs Open Letter Calling for Action at UN High-Level Meeting on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response (September 12, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Activity Report] Recommendations for Creating a Sustainable Innovation Ecosystem for Antimicrobial R&D (August 1, 2023)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
- [Announcement] Signs “100 days to COP28: Open letter urges to raise air pollution up agenda” (September 4, 2023)
- [Publication Report] The Current State of Health Data for Research Purposes in Japan: Toward the Creation of a World-class Health Database in the Future (May 25, 2022)
[Registration Open] HGPI Special Seminar “WHO Healthy Cities and the Rise of Compassionate Communities: A necessary public health correction” (October 27, 2023)
[Registration Open] An Online Seminar for World Mental Health Day 2023 – Mental Health for People in Their Teens and Twenties: Putting Our Heads Together to Think of Hints for Supporting Mental Health for Young People (October 4, 2023)
[Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 120th HGPI Seminar – Necessary Steps for Promoting the Integrated Provision of Palliative Care from Post-diagnosis to End-of-Life With Addressing Cancer Related Pain (October 10, 2023)