Invitation to HGPI Special Breakfast Meeting (May 28,2019)
date : 4/23/2019
Invitation to HGPI Special Breakfast Meeting
Thinking about the future of the world with “Sensemaking”—
The future of healthcare through humanities and philosophy
Guest Speaker: Mr. Christian Madsbjerg (Founder & Partner, ReD Associates)
Thank you for your continued support of Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI).
It is our pleasure to invite you to a special breakfast meeting featuring Mr. Christian Madsbjerg, Founder and Partner of ReD Associates, which is a global consulting firm with a number of social science experts and is gaining worldwide attention.
As you know, with the recent technological development, AI is being actively used that enables highly precise analysis through large-scale data collection and big data in various fields including healthcare, business, policy, sports and daily activities. At the same time, however, there has been increasing unpredictability in the global politics and businesses, leading to a number of challenges that cannot be solved with data alone. In such a rapidly changing society, ReD Associates provides consulting services based on social science expertise, using human sciences approach to study human behavior and identify triggers to drive behavior change among consumers. ReD has a variety of staff members such as anthropologists, sociologists, and philosophers. Mr. Madsbjerg published a book entitled “Sensemaking: The Power of the Humanities in the Age of the Algorithm” in 2017, which was featured in Japan as well.
To that end, Mr. Madsbjerg will share his insights with you regarding the importance of the “people-oriented” approach, particularly in the field of healthcare. At the end of the meeting, he will discuss with you these relevant issues and perspectives as well. We would be most grateful if you could join us at this event, and very much look forward to welcoming you to the meeting.
Chairman, Health and Global Policy Institute
- Date and Time: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 08:00-09:15 (Doors open at 07:40 a.m.)
- Venue: Imperial Hotel Tokyo (Botan Room, 2nd Floor, Main Building)
- Title (Provisional): Thinking about the future of the world with “Sensemaking”—The future of
healthcare through humanities and philosophy”
- Speaker: Mr. Christian Madsbjerg (Partner, ReD Associates)
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Announcement] HGPI Joins Call for “Global Health and Medical Community Unite To Demand End Fossil Fuel Dependency at COP28” (November 1, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Furthering the Development of Precision Cancer Medicine —Proposals for Effective Policy Changes Based on Key Characteristics of Precision Medicine in Cancer Treatment— (September 20, 2022)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Child-Rearing in Modern Japan (Final Report) (March 4, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] The 6 Steps for Engaging and Cooperating with Patients, Citizens, and Communities for Obesity Control (November 1, 2023)
- [Announcement] HGPI Declares the Ministry of the Environment-led ‘Deco-Katsu Declaration’ and Participation in the ‘Deco-Katsu’ Supporters (October 16, 2023)
- [Case Study] Akari Shigemi “The importance of proper antimicrobial use for MRSA infections – Beware of rifampicin monotherapy induced resistance” (AMR Alliance Japan, December 22, 2021)
- [Activity Report] HGPI Submits Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit to the G7 Sous-Sherpa (December 23, 2022)
- [Recommendations] The Future of Dementia Policy 2022: Deepening Dementia Policies Centered on People Living with Dementia and their Families to Lead Global Society (July 13, 2022)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
[Registration Open] Online Public Symposium “Dementia Risk Reduction: How Society Should Face the Individualization of Risk” (December 12, 2023)
[Policy Recommendations] The 6 Steps for Engaging and Cooperating with Patients, Citizens, and Communities for Obesity Control (November 1, 2023)
[Event Report] Health Information Project 1st Global Sage Meetings for “Co-creating Health Information Right” (July 21, 2023)
[Event Report] The Project for Considering the Future of Precision Medicine with Industry, Government, Academia, and Civil Society – The Policy Dialogue Event “Challenges and Prospects for the Improving Patient Access to Genomic Cancer Medicine” (October 11, 2023)
[Event Report] Planetary Health Expert Meeting “Healthy Planet, Healthy People: Building a New Collaborative Framework Focused on Climate Change and Health in the Asia-Pacific Region” (November 2, 2023)