Invitation to HGPI Special Breakfast Meeting (May 28,2019)
date : 4/23/2019
Invitation to HGPI Special Breakfast Meeting
Thinking about the future of the world with “Sensemaking”—
The future of healthcare through humanities and philosophy
Guest Speaker: Mr. Christian Madsbjerg (Founder & Partner, ReD Associates)
Thank you for your continued support of Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI).
It is our pleasure to invite you to a special breakfast meeting featuring Mr. Christian Madsbjerg, Founder and Partner of ReD Associates, which is a global consulting firm with a number of social science experts and is gaining worldwide attention.
As you know, with the recent technological development, AI is being actively used that enables highly precise analysis through large-scale data collection and big data in various fields including healthcare, business, policy, sports and daily activities. At the same time, however, there has been increasing unpredictability in the global politics and businesses, leading to a number of challenges that cannot be solved with data alone. In such a rapidly changing society, ReD Associates provides consulting services based on social science expertise, using human sciences approach to study human behavior and identify triggers to drive behavior change among consumers. ReD has a variety of staff members such as anthropologists, sociologists, and philosophers. Mr. Madsbjerg published a book entitled “Sensemaking: The Power of the Humanities in the Age of the Algorithm” in 2017, which was featured in Japan as well.
To that end, Mr. Madsbjerg will share his insights with you regarding the importance of the “people-oriented” approach, particularly in the field of healthcare. At the end of the meeting, he will discuss with you these relevant issues and perspectives as well. We would be most grateful if you could join us at this event, and very much look forward to welcoming you to the meeting.
Chairman, Health and Global Policy Institute
- Date and Time: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 08:00-09:15 (Doors open at 07:40 a.m.)
- Venue: Imperial Hotel Tokyo (Botan Room, 2nd Floor, Main Building)
- Title (Provisional): Thinking about the future of the world with “Sensemaking”—The future of
healthcare through humanities and philosophy”
- Speaker: Mr. Christian Madsbjerg (Partner, ReD Associates)
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Public Comment Submission] Opinions Regarding the Proposed “National Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance 2023-2027 (Draft)” (March 16, 2023)
- [Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit in 2023 Necessary Actions for AMR Control, Starting with the Introduction of Pull Incentives (August 29, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit by the C7 Global Health Working Group (April 20, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit and Related Ministerial Meetings: Promoting Measures for Climate Change and Planetary Health That Keep Pace With the International Community (December 19, 2022)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Mental Health (August 12, 2022)
- [Recommendations] Restructuring Diagnostic Services and Achieving the Necessary Innovation to Promote AMR Control (May 26, 2023)
[Event Report] Recommendations to Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on the issue of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the G7 Hiroshima Summit Leaders’ Declaration (April 28, 2023)
[Event Report] (Live Broadcasting) A Dementia Symposium Commemorating the G7 Health Ministers’ Meeting in Nagasaki “Collaboration in the International Community for Advancing Dementia Measures in a New Era” (May 14, 2023)
[Event Report] A NAGASAKI Planetary Health Expert Meeting “From COP27 and COP15 to the G7 Hiroshima Summit: New Partnerships for Solving Climate, Environment, Biodiversity and Health Issues” (May 12, 2023)
[RegistrationOpen] Health Policy Academy the 12th Session
[Recommendations] Restructuring Diagnostic Services and Achieving the Necessary Innovation to Promote AMR Control (May 26, 2023)