(REGISTER CLOSED) Health Policy Academy, Health Policy 101
date : 9/1/2016
Health Policy Academy, Health Policy 101
* Please note that this program is available in Japanese only
In the face of changing population demographics, constant health technology advances, and rising healthcare costs, health policy in Japan is now more interesting than ever. The Health and Global Policy Institute will offer a program entitled Health Policy 101, for people who would like to gain basic knowledge of the Health Policy.
With the program students will be able learn the essentials of the health policy.
＊We held the information session on August 22. We have uploaded the video of session. Please check here. (Japanese only)
・Kohei Onozaki, Board Member and President, HGPI
・Toshio Miyata, Board Member, HGPI
・Shinsuke Muto, Board Member, HGPI
・Kazuhisa Takeuchi, Senior Fellow, HGPI
* Guest speakers from the government, academia, etc. will be featured throughout the program.
・Business persons who have limited experience in healthcare with an interest in learning the basics of health policy for professional purposes.
・Those with a background in healthcare who would like to learn or review health policy basics.
・Those with great interest in health issues in Japan and Japanese health policy.
Program (Details subject to change.)
Session 1: Basics of Health Policy
Session 2: History and Sustainable of Health Policy
Session 3: Health Policy Stakeholders
Session 4: Japan’s Health Policy and Cross-national Comparison from 3 Perspectives
Session 5: Health Policy in the future
Session 6: To be a Leader of Health Policy
*Please refer to Japanese version URL for further details of the each session.
・Tuition Fee: 99,000 JPY (Fee applies to entire six session series.)
・Numbers of sessions: 6 sessions
・Term: Over 6 months
・Time and Date: 18:30-21:00, third Wednesday of the month (Subject to change)
・Venue: Global Business Hub Tokyo
・Organizer: Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI)
Application and other information
・Please refer to Japanese version URL for further details of the each session.
(Application closes at 23:59, September 20)
Registration deadline: 2016-09-20
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Announcement] HGPI Joins Call for “Global Health and Medical Community Unite To Demand End Fossil Fuel Dependency at COP28” (November 1, 2023)
- [Research Paper] “Rethinking Japan’s Health System Sustainability Under the Planetary Health Framework” Published in Health Systems & Reform (November 21, 2023)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Child-Rearing in Modern Japan (Final Report) (March 4, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Furthering the Development of Precision Cancer Medicine —Proposals for Effective Policy Changes Based on Key Characteristics of Precision Medicine in Cancer Treatment— (September 20, 2022)
- [Activity Report] HGPI Submits Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit to the G7 Sous-Sherpa (December 23, 2022)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Case Study] Akari Shigemi “The importance of proper antimicrobial use for MRSA infections – Beware of rifampicin monotherapy induced resistance” (AMR Alliance Japan, December 22, 2021)
- [Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
- [Recommendations] The Future of Dementia Policy 2022: Deepening Dementia Policies Centered on People Living with Dementia and their Families to Lead Global Society (July 13, 2022)
- [Announcement] HGPI Declares the Ministry of the Environment-led ‘Deco-Katsu Declaration’ and Participation in the ‘Deco-Katsu’ Supporters (October 16, 2023)
[Registration Open] Online Public Symposium “Dementia Risk Reduction: How Society Should Face the Individualization of Risk” (December 12, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) HGPI Cooperation with Lancet Countdown 2023 Japan Presentation “Climate Change as a Children’s Health Issue: The Latest Lancet Report Sounds the Alarm for Health Commitments” (December 14, 2023)
[Event Report] The 1st Advisory Board Meeting for Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Support Project “Necessary Steps for Promoting PPI in Policy Making” (October 3, 2023)
[Policy Recommendations] Coming Together to Protect and Foster: Promoting Innovative and Sustainable Planetary Health in the Asia-Pacific Region to Build Resilient Health Systems (November 29, 2023)
[Announcement] HGPI Endorsed “For the Health of People and Planet: Priorities for a Healthy COP28” (November 30, 2023)