[Registration Open] (Hybrid) HGPI 46th Special Breakfast Meeting “Looking Back on 1,124 Days as Chief Medical and Global Health Officer – The Past and Future of the Healthcare System” (December 11, 2020)
date : 11/18/2020
Thank you for your continued support of Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI).
It is our pleasure to invite you to a special breakfast meeting detailed below that will feature Dr. Yasuhiro Suzuki, Advisor and Former Chief Medical and Global Health Officer, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW).
As you may already know, Dr. Suzuki has been a leader for health and welfare legislation as Japan’s first Chief Medical and Global Health Officer and is currently serving as an advisor at the MHLW. At our upcoming event, Dr. Suzuki will look back on his experiences as Japan’s Chief Medical and Global Health Officer with a particular focus on Japan’s response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. He will share a vision for the healthcare provision system based on Japan’s recent history with tackles against COVID-19 and examine prospects for the social security system, such as the future of healthcare. We will also be holding a discussion on these perspectives with everyone in attendance and would be honored if you joined us.
Health and Global Policy Institute
■ Date and Time: Friday, December 11, 2020 08:00-09:15 (Doors open at 07:40 a.m.)
■ Venue: Imperial Hotel Tokyo (Peacock Room West, Main Building)
■ Title: Looking Back on 1,124 Days as Chief Medical and Global Health Officer – The Past and Future of the healthcare System Revitalizing Japan
■ Speaker: Dr. Yasuhiro Suzuki (Advisor andFormer Chief Medical and Global Health Officer, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW))
Based on the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, this meeting will be held in a hybrid format and include simultaneous in-person and online events. As such, we are accepting applications for each format separately.
Please register online by Monday, December 7, 2020, using the link.
-At the venue, please register here.
-At Online, please register here.
*This event is invitation-only.
*Simultaneous translation will be available throughout the event. If you need a receiver, please indicate on “Other comments”.
* As a measure against COVID-19, we are restricting capacity significantly compared to past events. Additionally, we will be measuring guests’ body temperatures at reception and all attendees will be asked to disinfect their hands with alcohol before entering the venue. The venue will be arranged so that attendees can observe social distancing practices. Microphones and other equipment will be thoroughly disinfected. We kindly request all participants pay ample consideration to ensuring peace of mind and safety for everyone at the event.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
- [Research Paper] “Rethinking Japan’s Health System Sustainability Under the Planetary Health Framework” Published in Health Systems & Reform (November 21, 2023)
- [Announcement] HGPI Joins Call for “Global Health and Medical Community Unite To Demand End Fossil Fuel Dependency at COP28” (November 1, 2023)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Child-Rearing in Modern Japan (Final Report) (March 4, 2022)
- [Announcement] HGPI Endorsed “For the Health of People and Planet: Priorities for a Healthy COP28” (November 30, 2023)
- [Activity Report] HGPI Submits Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit to the G7 Sous-Sherpa (December 23, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Coming Together to Protect and Foster: Promoting Innovative and Sustainable Planetary Health in the Asia-Pacific Region to Build Resilient Health Systems (November 29, 2023)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Furthering the Development of Precision Cancer Medicine —Proposals for Effective Policy Changes Based on Key Characteristics of Precision Medicine in Cancer Treatment— (September 20, 2022)
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
[Registration Open] Online Public Symposium “Dementia Risk Reduction: How Society Should Face the Individualization of Risk” (December 12, 2023)
[Research Report] Survey of Japanese Physicians Regarding Climate Change and Health (December 3, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 122nd HGPI Seminar: Keeping Pace with Growing Diversity of Health Information in Health Communication (December 19, 2023)
[Policy Recommendations] Recommendation: Suggestions for Building a Resilient and Greener Health Care System Considering Sustainability and Environmental Concerns in the Revision of Medical, Nursing Care, and Disability Welfare Service Fees (December 6, 2023)
[Registration Open] Online Global Expert Meeting: Considering Participation Among People Living with Dementia in the Formulation of National Dementia Strategies and in Policy Making Processes (January 22, 2024)