[Registration Open] (Hybrid) HGPI 46th Special Breakfast Meeting “Looking Back on 1,124 Days as Chief Medical and Global Health Officer – The Past and Future of the Healthcare System” (December 11, 2020)
date : 11/18/2020
Thank you for your continued support of Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI).
It is our pleasure to invite you to a special breakfast meeting detailed below that will feature Dr. Yasuhiro Suzuki, Advisor and Former Chief Medical and Global Health Officer, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW).
As you may already know, Dr. Suzuki has been a leader for health and welfare legislation as Japan’s first Chief Medical and Global Health Officer and is currently serving as an advisor at the MHLW. At our upcoming event, Dr. Suzuki will look back on his experiences as Japan’s Chief Medical and Global Health Officer with a particular focus on Japan’s response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. He will share a vision for the healthcare provision system based on Japan’s recent history with tackles against COVID-19 and examine prospects for the social security system, such as the future of healthcare. We will also be holding a discussion on these perspectives with everyone in attendance and would be honored if you joined us.
Health and Global Policy Institute
■ Date and Time: Friday, December 11, 2020 08:00-09:15 (Doors open at 07:40 a.m.)
■ Venue: Imperial Hotel Tokyo (Peacock Room West, Main Building)
■ Title: Looking Back on 1,124 Days as Chief Medical and Global Health Officer – The Past and Future of the healthcare System Revitalizing Japan
■ Speaker: Dr. Yasuhiro Suzuki (Advisor andFormer Chief Medical and Global Health Officer, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW))
Based on the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, this meeting will be held in a hybrid format and include simultaneous in-person and online events. As such, we are accepting applications for each format separately.
Please register online by Monday, December 7, 2020, using the link.
-At the venue, please register here.
-At Online, please register here.
*This event is invitation-only.
*Simultaneous translation will be available throughout the event. If you need a receiver, please indicate on “Other comments”.
* As a measure against COVID-19, we are restricting capacity significantly compared to past events. Additionally, we will be measuring guests’ body temperatures at reception and all attendees will be asked to disinfect their hands with alcohol before entering the venue. The venue will be arranged so that attendees can observe social distancing practices. Microphones and other equipment will be thoroughly disinfected. We kindly request all participants pay ample consideration to ensuring peace of mind and safety for everyone at the event.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Research Report] Building a Mental Health Program for Children and Measuring its Effectiveness (June 16, 2022）
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Public Comment Submission] Opinions Regarding the Proposed “National Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance 2023-2027 (Draft)” (March 16, 2023)
- [Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit in 2023 Necessary Actions for AMR Control, Starting with the Introduction of Pull Incentives (August 29, 2022)
- [Policy Recommendations] Recommendations for the G7 Hiroshima Summit by the C7 Global Health Working Group (April 20, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Requests for the G7 Hiroshima Summit and Related Ministerial Meetings: Promoting Measures for Climate Change and Planetary Health That Keep Pace With the International Community (December 19, 2022)
- [Research Report] The Public Opinion Survey on Mental Health (August 12, 2022)
- [Recommendations] Restructuring Diagnostic Services and Achieving the Necessary Innovation to Promote AMR Control (May 26, 2023)
[Event Report] Recommendations to Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on the issue of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in the G7 Hiroshima Summit Leaders’ Declaration (April 28, 2023)
[Event Report] (Live Broadcasting) A Dementia Symposium Commemorating the G7 Health Ministers’ Meeting in Nagasaki “Collaboration in the International Community for Advancing Dementia Measures in a New Era” (May 14, 2023)
[Event Report] A NAGASAKI Planetary Health Expert Meeting “From COP27 and COP15 to the G7 Hiroshima Summit: New Partnerships for Solving Climate, Environment, Biodiversity and Health Issues” (May 12, 2023)
[RegistrationOpen] Health Policy Academy the 12th Session
[Recommendations] Restructuring Diagnostic Services and Achieving the Necessary Innovation to Promote AMR Control (May 26, 2023)