[Event Report] The 12th Session of Health Policy Academy, Lecture 1 – Introduction and View of Public Policy (August 10, 2023)
date : 9/1/2023
Tags: Health Policy Academy
Health and Global Policy Institute (HGPI) held the first lecture of the 12th session of Health Policy Academy (HPA).
At the first lecture, entitled “Introduction and View of Public Policy”, Kohei Onozaki, HGPI Board Member, provided a comprehensive overview of frameworks for health policy and public health and introduced current topics such as countermeasures against the COVID-19 pandemic and preventive healthcare.
In the second half of the first lecture, Shunichiro Kurita, HGPI Senior Manager, gave a lecture on the theme of “Fundamentals of Public Policy” and focused on topics such as the formation of public issues and steps in the policy process.
The HPA has been renewed, and the 12th session will be called “HPA Advance.” This curriculum will cover the theory, themes, and analysis of health policies and will be conducted over the next six months. Its objective is to offer participants opportunities to learn about essential concepts required for the actual policy-making process. This includes fostering coordination and agreement among various ideas through discussions and the development of recommendations with students from diverse backgrounds.
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Policy Recommendations] Expectations for the 2023 UHC Political Declaration from a Planetary Health Perspective (September 8, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Improving Patient Access to Genomic Cancer Medicine (August 10, 2023)
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Announcement] Signs Open Letter Calling for Action at UN High-Level Meeting on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response (September 12, 2023)
- [Activity Report] Recommendations for Creating a Sustainable Innovation Ecosystem for Antimicrobial R&D (August 1, 2023)
- [Recommendations] Mental Health 2020 – Proposal for Tomorrow: Five Perspectives on Mental Health Policy (July 21, 2020)
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Event Report] “Global Trends and Japan’s Mental Health Policy” Global Expert Meeting (December 18, 2019)
[Registration Open] An Online Seminar for World Mental Health Day 2023 – Mental Health for People in Their Teens and Twenties: Putting Our Heads Together to Think of Hints for Supporting Mental Health for Young People (October 4, 2023)
[Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 120th HGPI Seminar – Necessary Steps for Promoting the Integrated Provision of Palliative Care from Post-diagnosis to End-of-Life With Addressing Cancer Related Pain (October 10, 2023)