(Event Report) Health Policy Academy, Health Policy 101: Session 5
date : 2/19/2016
*This program is available in Japanese only.
The fifth session of Health Policy Academy: Health Policy 101 was held on February 18, 2016. This session’s topic was “Health Care Players.” Lecture included discussions on government, public and private actors in health policy and political issues that arise when these groups interact in the health care space.
The session’s guest speaker was Toshinobu Sato, Chief Senior Researcher at the Japan Medical Association Research Institute. Dr. Sato’s lecture was followed by a lively discussion with participants and lecturers.
・Kohei Onozaki, HGPI Board Member and President
・Toshio Miyata, HGPI Executive Director
・Toshinobu Sato, Chief Senior Researcher, Japan Medical Association Research Institute
Schedules for Lectures
*Please note this program is available in Japanese only.
Session 1: Health policy basics
・What is health policy?
・Health care players
・Health policy making process
・Urgent health policy issues in 2015
Session 2: Health policy in the news
・Health system history in numbers
・Post-war health policy in the media
・Health policy’s effect on society
・How flexible is health policy to change?
Session 3: Cross-national comparison of Japan’s health care system
・Japanese health care system and Europe
・Characteristics of Japanese health care system
・Global health policy issues
Session 4: Is healthcare in Japan sustainable?
・The transition of the total cost of social security and of the detail of it after the war
・Factors of increasing healthcare cost
・Three perspectives on healthcare sustainability
Session 5: Health care players
・Power balance in the health care industry
・Government actors in health policy
・Health policy and politics
・Stakeholders in health care
Session 6: Tips for future health policy
・Reading government materials
・Five sources for health policy information
・Healthcare in 20 years
Health and Global Policy Institute plans to offer a third series starting April 2016.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Policy Recommendations] Expectations for the 2023 UHC Political Declaration from a Planetary Health Perspective (September 8, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Improving Patient Access to Genomic Cancer Medicine (August 10, 2023)
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Announcement] Signs Open Letter Calling for Action at UN High-Level Meeting on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response (September 12, 2023)
- [Activity Report] Recommendations for Creating a Sustainable Innovation Ecosystem for Antimicrobial R&D (August 1, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Announcement] Signs “100 days to COP28: Open letter urges to raise air pollution up agenda” (September 4, 2023)
[Registration Open] HGPI Special Seminar “WHO Healthy Cities and the Rise of Compassionate Communities: A necessary public health correction” (October 27, 2023)
[Registration Open] An Online Seminar for World Mental Health Day 2023 – Mental Health for People in Their Teens and Twenties: Putting Our Heads Together to Think of Hints for Supporting Mental Health for Young People (October 4, 2023)
[Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 120th HGPI Seminar – Necessary Steps for Promoting the Integrated Provision of Palliative Care from Post-diagnosis to End-of-Life With Addressing Cancer Related Pain (October 10, 2023)