“Controlling hepatitis as a global level.” 17th Special Breakfast Meeting Report
date : 7/27/2012
27 July 2012, the Health and Global Policy Institute held a corporate breakfast
meeting for the advisers, sponsors and experts of the Institute.
the synchronization of ‘Japan Hepatitis Day’ and ‘World Hepatitis Day’, we were
delighted to welcome four speakers from overseas and Japan: Mr. Charles Gore,
President of the World Hepatitis Alliance; Dr. Norio Hayashi, Director of the
Kansai-Rosai Hospital; Dr. Junko Tanaka, Professor at the Graduate School of
Biomedical Sciences at the University of Hiroshima; and Mr. Hiroshi Ota, Mayor
of Isumi City, Chiba Prefecture. With a focus on ‘integrated approaches for
tackling hepatitis’, we were provided with informative presentations on the
actual situation for hepatitis both within Japan and overseas, as well as
methods and measures for the treatment and prevention of hepatitis.
first speaker, Mr. Charles Gore, talked about positive examples of integrated
measures for tackling hepatitis at the global level, drawing on his experiences
from assisting in the enactment of ‘World Hepatitis Day’ that was established
in 2010 by the World Health Organization.
We then heard talks from Dr. Norio Hayashi on ‘The current situation for treatment of hepatitis C and visions for the future’, Dr. Junko Tanaka on ‘The situation for viral hepatitis from the epidemiological perspective’, and finally from Mr. Hiroshi Ota on ‘Case examples of hepatitis counter-measures at the local government level – approaches for the promotion of the hepatitis B vaccine’.
Japan saw the implementation of the first ‘Japan Hepatitis Day’ on the 28 July this year, and in this current period of rising momentum both domestically and abroad in the area of integrated approaches to tackling hepatitis, we were introduced to many case examples from Japan and the rest of the world and there was an active exchange of opinions on the future approaches for tackling hepatitis.
‘Integrated approaches for tackling hepatitis’
・ Mr. Charles Gore (President, World Hepatitis Alliance)
・ Dr. Norio Hayashi（Director, Kansai-Rosai Hospital; Chairman, Council for Promotion of Hepatitis Measures）
・Dr. Junko Tanaka（Professor, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Hiroshima; Committee Member, Council for Promotion of Hepatitis Measures）
・Mr. Hiroshi Ota（Mayor, Isumi City, Chiba Prefecture）
■Time and Date
27 July 2012（Friday）8：00～9：15（Reception opens at 7：45）
Top Research & Recommendations Posts
- [Policy Recommendations] Expectations for the 2023 UHC Political Declaration from a Planetary Health Perspective (September 8, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Improving Patient Access to Genomic Cancer Medicine (August 10, 2023)
- [Publication Report] Planetary Health Promotion Project “Issues Facing Planetary Health and the Role of the Health Sector” (May 10, 2023)
- [Announcement] Signs Open Letter Calling for Action at UN High-Level Meeting on Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness and Response (September 12, 2023)
- [Activity Report] Recommendations for Creating a Sustainable Innovation Ecosystem for Antimicrobial R&D (August 1, 2023)
- [Research Report] 2019 Survey on Healthcare in Japan
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Kidney Disease Control Promotion Project – Establishing Kidney Disease Control Measures with Patient, Citizen, and Community Engagement and Collaboration: Recommendations for Current Issues and Topics in Kidney Disease Control (May 11, 2022)
- [Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
- [Policy Recommendations] Building a Research and Development System Together With People Living with Dementia and Their Families to Drive Parallel Progress in Creating an Inclusive Society and Advancing R&D (April 25, 2023)
- [Announcement] Signs “100 days to COP28: Open letter urges to raise air pollution up agenda” (September 4, 2023)
[Registration Open] HGPI Special Seminar “WHO Healthy Cities and the Rise of Compassionate Communities: A necessary public health correction” (October 27, 2023)
[Registration Open] An Online Seminar for World Mental Health Day 2023 – Mental Health for People in Their Teens and Twenties: Putting Our Heads Together to Think of Hints for Supporting Mental Health for Young People (October 4, 2023)
[Urgent Recommendations] The Ideal System for Obstetric Care in Japan in the Era of Birthrate Decline (September 15, 2023)
[Registration Open] (Webinar) The 120th HGPI Seminar – Necessary Steps for Promoting the Integrated Provision of Palliative Care from Post-diagnosis to End-of-Life With Addressing Cancer Related Pain (October 10, 2023)